Honda Financial was the lien holder of my 2005 vehicle.When I recently paid off the loan, I called to ask about obtaining the title.

They can not find it. They will need to apply for a duplicate title. That will take 6 weeks. They mentioned they would need to charge me for the duplicate title.

If I hadn't asked for the title - it's clear they never would have mentioned the fact they didn't have it. This should be a requirement of any leasing company. As soon as the lien is paid in full the title should be transferred to the car owner. I'm not certain Honda recognizing this is part of the service they should offer.

This is a very poorly run operation.I shouldn't be charged for obtaining something they lost.

Review about: Honda Financial Services Leasing.

Had an Experience with Honda Financial Services?

Comments

Honda Financial Services received the payoff for my leased car (I purchased the vehicle) three weeks ago--they claim to have sent the title and bill of sale 3 business days later-still have not received title. Even a 5-year old child would not believe that they sent the title when they said or that they have not lost the title or that it was not lost in the mail. Stay away from Honda Financial and all Honda products. Customer service has been terrible and inconsistent in answers.

I have filed a complaint with my state attorney general, and I hope that office sues them up to their teeth.

NEVER BUY A HONDA MADE VEHICLE--BOYCOTT ALL HONDA PRODUCTS

file a complaint with the attorney generals office- you will get results

As long as you have a release of lien, the DMV should be able to make you a replacement title to the car.

In Az titles are processed by 3rd parties.

before moving to San Jose I used to work for one (southwest motor vehicle center) the crooked owner carrie giannini would change the paperwork for a fee. She even did out of state inspections without see the vehicle.